You Want a Lawyer Who Wins
No lawyer wins every case, and past performance, as they say, is no guarantee of future results. But can you think of a better way to distinguish one litigation attorney from another? My past victories include the following:
- Entertainment. Bench trial decision invalidating the multimillion dollar liquidated damages clause in the confidentiality agreement of the late singer Michael Jackson, represented by Katten Muchin.
- Software. Summary judgment for the defendants in a federal action for software copyright infringement and breach of contract filed by a computer company represented by Graham & James.
- Real Estate. Jury verdict for the defendant billboard company in an action for breach of lease and trespass filed by a property management company represented by Latham & Watkins.
- Injunctions. Preliminary injunction, upheld on appeal, to prevent University of California from selling historic Hannah Carter Japanese Garden; opposed by Manatt, Phelps and Reed Smith.
- Personal Injury. Jury verdict for defendant fast food restaurant in personal injury action filed by elderly man who broke his hip on the premises.
- Trade Secrets. Jury verdict for employer against former employees for misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Probate. Bench trial decision for defendant trustee in probate trial where plaintiffs claimed they had signed agreement with deceased for 50% ownership in commercial building.
- Warranty. Bench trial decision against a corporation, and its shareholder on alter ego theory, for breach of warranty for an air pollution "scrubber" machine.
- Fraud. Jury verdict for $6.6 million, including $3.3 million in punitive damages, against a Texas oil man for fraud in the sale of natural gas.
- Corporations. Arbitration award for $1.2 million in corporate "squeeze-out" case involving American subsidiary of Japanese manufacturer.
- Appeals. Writ of mandate vacating Superior Court order compelling judicial reference.
- Settlements. Favorable settlements of many cases, including voluntary dismissal of class action, at no cost to the defendant, in response to letter to plaintiffs' counsel explaining the fatal flaw in their case.
You don't have to settle for a lawyer who lacks courtroom experience. Call me. Let's talk about your case.
Call me at 213.290.1709 or click here to send me email.